M280 - developed for modelers
You weld – we take care of the details.
Welding components on and off, applying metal, fixing workpieces before soldering, closing pores, producing seams and much more – no problem with the M280.
Also ideal for welding in the immediate vicinity of heat-sensitive areas.
The Original Lampert Fine Welding System
- Superior welding properties
- Reproducible and high quality at any time
Welding results on all weldable materials
- Simple and intuitive operation
- Exact positioning of the spot welds
- Very low, controllable heat generation
- Welding of even the smallest material thicknesses
- Facilitation and time saving
for repairs and soldering
- Precise welds under the welding microscope
- Maintenance free technology
- Low acquisition cost,
very good price-performance ratio
- Compact size – finds space in every workshop
- Low costs for consumables
- Low argon consumption
- The intuitive operation
- Intelligent presettings mean that only 2 operating steps are required: select metal group, select work situation
- Individual adjustment of the working position for low-fatigue work
- The handling of the components: Well thought-out details facilitate handling.
- High quality workmanship in every detail
- Dust-proof housing without fan, thus quiet and durable
- Professional screw and plug-in connections ensure durability and lasting safety in daily use.
- Precision handpiece for precision welding
- Solid quality and the best materials such as stainless steel and Teflon are a prerequisite for precision in manufacturing and reliability in use.
- Practical and fast: plug-in nozzle and clamping nut for quick electrode changes without tools
- The right electrode for every application – available in various diameters and designs
|Current (TIG) min./max.||9 – 400 A|
|Pulse duration (TIG) min./max.||3 – 10 ms|
|max. Loading time||0,8 s|
|Number of metal programs||4|
|High frequency welding||+|
|automatic gas pre-flow time||+|
|Gas consumption||approx. 2 l/min|
Argon > 99.9 %
|Power consumption during welding||400 VA|
|Actively controlled LCD eye protection system||+|
|Certified safety according to DIN CERTCO||+|
|Brightness level of the LCD||DIN 3|
|Darkness level of the LCD||DIN 11|
|Switching time||< 50 ms|
|UV protection||> UV11|
|IR protection||> IR11|
M280 makes welding easy
1. Select metal group
2. select welding situation
Fine-tune the settings:
Power and welding time can be quickly adjusted to individual needs.
Here you can see some applications that are possible with the M280.
There are presets for steel/stainless steel and for certain highly conductive alloys. Components can be joined easily and original welds can be reproduced.
For example, welding wire can be applied to certain generally weldable aluminum alloys by means of high-frequency superimposition of welding pulses.
Of course, we also have the appropriate welding rods for you. In our assortment we have various stainless steel wires as well as aluminum and titanium wires, which are used in model making.
Application video "Excavator bucket"
Demonstration example by Helmut Messner, model maker
- By pressing the foot switch for 3 seconds, the foot switch is activated. The automatic function of the M280 is then deactivated.
- The white symbol in the display indicates activated foot switch operation.
- Welding is now triggered by pressing the foot switch.
- The gas valve can be opened to adjust the gas flow.
- To control the eye protection, it can be activated in intervals.
- The signal tone that announces the start of the welding process can be activated or deactivated here.
- Choose your preferred language (English or German).
At home in the model shop
- Passively cooled
The M280 comes without a fan and without ventilation slots. Passive cooling produces no disturbing noise and is very energy efficient.
- Dustproof housing
The M280 features a closed, sealed housing. This means that no metal or polishing dusts generated in the workshop get into the unit. Damage or equipment failures due to otherwise unavoidable deposits are avoided.
Read here the comparison test between the M280 and the PUK U5, which was made by a customer independently from Lampert.
Although the PUK U5 has significantly lower performance than the new Micro Arc Welder, this comparison is a good indication and decision-making aid for typical modeling applications from a user’s perspective.
Nothing has changed in the meantime in terms of the operating concept of the equipment or the welding procedure. For the sake of completeness, we would like to mention that the default settings for materials shown in the article have been changed to steel, HF1 and HF2 for the current devices(instructions p.7/5.2).
The eye protection shown in it is no longer available in the form and we recommend using the optics unit (Art.no. 100 210, ill. see top of page) or one of our welding microscopes (see also our price list “Eye protection systems”).
Practical additional system components such as various welding microscopes or welding rods and accessories are available according to your individual needs. Visit our Accessories page.
M280 Scope of delivery
The M280 welding system is delivered with the following accessories and includes all necessary documentation and instructions:
Here you can download additional information about our welding equipment:
Quality for your demand: We place importance on the highest production and safety standards and guarantee the reliability of our products.
Quality “Made in Germany
The PUK welding equipment is developed and produced in Germany.
Quality from conviction
For the PUK welding equipment we provide 3 years warranty!
Each PUK welding system is manufactured according to the valid EN standards and is CE compliant.
In addition to CE compliance, our welding equipment also meets UKCA requirements for the UK.
Our long-standing cooperation with the University of Applied Sciences WÜ-SW vouches for innovation.
The official German ceritification authority for research and developent “Bescheinigungsstelle Forschungszulage” (BSFZ) awards its seal exclusively to companies that are eligible to claim funding through the research allowance.