THE MOST POWERFUL AND VERSATILE WELDER FROM LAMPERT
The new Micro Arc Welder
The precision welder for industrial applications. We begin, where others stop: The Micro Arc Welder enables welding of the thinnest material thicknesses and complex structures for applications that are considered largely unsuitable for conventional TIG welders. With pre-set parameters for a variety of alloys and its broad yet finely adjustable power spectrum, the Micro Arc Welder masters even the most challenging welding tasks.
- Tried and tested welding curves for all common weldable
metals and alloys
- Tremendous versatility due to power range from 5 to 1000 A
- High maximum power on demand for penetration depths up to 1 mm (with 1 mm electrode)
- Welding spot sequence with 3-step selectable speed up to 3.3 Hz
- High resistance without degradation even at high continuous power output
- Stable and agile electrode stroke for fast, easily reproducible welding results
- Compatible with all Lampert standard and premium electrodes from 0.5 to 1 mm
- Weight-optimized handpiece with high-precision ceramic electrode fence (optional)
- Minimized power loss at high welding currents: Reinforced connection sockets for contacting tools with safety plug
- Clear, simple device operation with single-screen interface
- Fine adjustment of power output from 1 to 100% for pulse strength and 0.1 to 34 ms for pulse duration
- High-resolution display with 768 x 576 pixels for maximum viewing angle even under tough environmental conditions
- Newly designed, patented welding process control preventing welding errors
- Intuitive one-hand operation even with gloves on
|Current (TIG) min./max.||5 - 1000 A|
|Pulse duration (TIG) min./max.||0.1 - 34 ms|
|Welding speed||up to 3.3 Hz|
|max. Charging time at full power||0,5 s|
|Number of metal programs||12|
|Range display with recommended
|High frequency welding||yes|
|Automatic gas pre-flow time||yes|
|Connectivity for mobile eye-protection systems||yes|
|Gas consumption||approx. 2.0 l/min|
|Inert gas||Argon > 99.9 %
e.g. argon 4.6
|Power consumption during welding||approx. 1000 VA|
|Power consumption during idle operation||15 W|
The Micro Arc Welder in a professional check
Stefan Haisch – technical project manager in the aerospace industry and fine welding expert with a passion – has taken a closer look at the Micro Arc Welder and provides an overview of the most important features.
The Micro Arc Welder accomplishes your joining tasks in industrial metal processing, in the production of electronics, in R&D labs, in repair shops or in mobile applications directly at the customer‘s location wherever precision, reliability, and process controllability is mandatory It has been developed for all weldable materials such as stainless steel, various nickel-based alloys, Mu-metals, titanium, copper, platinum, gold, silver and partly aluminum in material thicknesses even below 0.2 mm as a wire, sheet metal or in various metal mixes.
This opens up a wide range of possible applications:
- Welding of the thinnest materials
- Welding of complex shapes and structures
- Liquid- and gas-tight bonding of metals and alloys
- Repair welding and weld cladding
- Electrical contacting of conductive wires and electronic components
- Fixing/tacking of workpieces for automated soldering or welding
- Bonding of sensitive surfaces without unfavorable structural or visual impact
…and many more.
Take a look at our application library with numerous practical examples.
The operating principle of the Micro Arc Welder is as simple as it is ingenious
If the electrode tip of the welding handpiece touches the workpiece, the welding process starts automatically. At the point of contact, a melting of 0.2 to 4.0 mm diameter occurs under inert gas atmosphere (depending on material and setting).
In addition to precious metal alloys such as gold, silver and platinum, many non-ferrous metals such as copper and tin alloys, many steels, titanium and aluminum alloys are also suitable for welding.
All alloys suitable for laser or TIG welding can also be welded with the Micro Arc Welder.
Minimum heat input - joining with minimum material distortion
The Micro Arc Welder uses a micro-pulse process in which the arc is ignited electronically. Under an argon inert gas atmosphere, the electrical energy acts on the weld spot in a concentrated manner for a few milliseconds via a non-melting tungsten electrode.
This reduces heat input to a minimum and produces a permanent joint without the disadvantages of classic joining methods, virtually free of distortion.
The Lampert welding equipment series: Micro Arc Welder vs. PUK
Lampert’s success story began in 2001 with the PUK for goldsmiths and silversmiths. The Micro Arc Welder is based on the same Lampert welding principle as the PUK and has been specially developed to meet specific requirements of industrial demands. It offers the following advantages over the PUK, among others:
- 60% higher performance for welding highly thermally conductive alloys and thicker material thicknesses
- Reinforced connection sockets for contacting tools with safety plug
- Al welding curves for welding of aluminum alloys (mainly flux-cored welding and surface repairs)
- Robust housing with impact-resistant corners and carrying handle for mobile usage
- Wireless connectivity for the operation of mobile eye protection systems
- Device design for increased service life and power load
Advantages in daily operation
- Simple and intuitive operation – no specialized training required
- Reproducible and high-quality welding results at any time on all weldable materials
- Incorrect operation of both the connections and the operating system of the device almost impossible
- High-quality, robust metal housing with practical carrying handle, resistant edge protection and robust, durable surfaces
- High-quality connection sockets and controls
- Long service life even under increased load
- No setup times – immediately ready for use anywhere
- Maintenance free technology
- Compact size – easy to transport
- Low costs for consumables
- Low argon consumption
- Selecting the most suitable metal group for welding in the material menu
- Standard situation is already preselected
- Select special welding situation if required (e.g. welding with flux cored wire) if desired
- Recommended setting range is already preselected
- Fine-adjust width and depth of the spot weld via pulse strength and duration if desired
Scope of delivery
The requirements for the Micro Arc Welder are as individual as our customers. Therefore we allow you to define the scope of delivery yourself for each Micro Arc Welder and select the eye protection system, the handpiece, the contacting tool as well as the electrodes and collet chuck according to your needs.
Here you can download additional information about Micro Arc Welder
Quality for your demand: We place importance on the highest production and safety standards and guarantee the reliability of our products.
High quality connectors and professional screw and plug-in connections ensure durability and permanent safety even under difficult environmental conditions
Special electrodes without toxic components, with optimized ignition and welding properties
Practical and fast: plug-in nozzle and clamping nut for fast, tool-free changing of electrodes
High quality workmanship in every detail and dustproof housing without fan and thus quiet and durable
Quality "Made in Germany": The Micro Arc Welder is developed and produced in Germany.
Safety first: Our welding eye protection systems are DIN CERTCO-tested and approved.
State-of-the-art technology: Our long-standing cooperation with the University of Applied Sciences WÜ-SW inspires innovation.
Standard-compliant: Every Lampert welding system is manufactured in accordance with the applicable EN standards and is CE-compliant.
In addition to CE compliance, our welding equipment also meets UKCA requirements for the UK