The new PUK D6
The PUK D5
No longer available!
The micro-pulse welder is compact and versatile, designed specifically for applications and materials from the dental field
- Superior welding properties
- Reproducible and high quality at any time
Welding results on all weldable materials
- Simple and intuitive operation
- Exact positioning of the spot welds
- Very low, controllable heat generation
- Welding of even the smallest material thicknesses
- Facilitation and time saving for repairs
- Precise welds under the welding microscope
- Maintenance free technology
- Low acquisition costs, very good
- Mobile use due to compact size
- Low costs for consumables
- Low argon consumption
- Spot welds with a diameter of approx. 0.2 to over 3 mm can be set (depending on material and setting).
- The right parameters are available for every dental application!
- Extremely short welding pulse times enable high-quality welded joints on workpieces down to significantly less than 0.2 mm material thickness (e. g. e.g. in orthodontic constructions) as well as in heat-sensitive areas (e.g. e.g. in the vicinity of plastic or ceramic parts).
- Due to the wide performance range of the PUK D5, stable welded joints can be produced even on very massive parts such as bridges, bars and model cast dentures.
- It is recommended to use appropriate welding wires for this purpose
- If the electrode tip of the welding handpiece touches the workpiece, the welding process starts automatically. In this way, spot welds of the desired intensity can be set – uniformly and always reproducibly.
- All metals and alloys that are generally TIG weldable or laserable are suitable for welding. These are, for example, cobalt-chromium alloys, high gold, palladium-based and other alloy groups, as well as titanium and stainless steel.
|Current (TIG) min./max.||9 – 400 A|
|Pulse duration (TIG) min./max.||0.5 – 34 ms|
|Welding speed||up to 2 Hz|
|max. Loading time||0,8 s|
|Number of metal programs||10|
|Gas consumption||approx. 2 – 3 l/min|
|Inert gas||Argon > 99.9 %
e.g. argon 4.6
|Power consumption during welding||400 VA|
|Power consumption during idle operation||7 W|
The PUK technology will inspire you!
- The intuitive operation
- Intelligent presettings mean that only 2 operating steps are required. Select metal group and work situation > Welding!
- Precision handpiece for precision welding
- Solid quality and the best materials such as stainless steel and Teflon are a prerequisite for precision in manufacturing and reliability in use.
- The handling of the components: Well thought-out details facilitate handling.
High quality connectors and professional screw and plug-in connections ensure durability and lasting safety in daily use.
Practical and fast: plug-in nozzle and clamping nut for fast, tool-free changing of electrodes
Ergonomic working: Individual adjustment of the working position and comfortable hand rests for low-fatigue work.
Special electrodes without toxic components, with optimized ignition and welding properties
High quality workmanship in every detail and dustproof housing
PUK makes welding simple
The operating concept of the PUK D5 combines the advantages of a modern touch display with the proven operation by means of a rotary control. Intuitive and safe device setting is thus guaranteed at all times.
- 1. Select metal group
- 2. select welding situation
- 3. welding!
- By means of the thin blue bar, the setting range recommended by our technicians is displayed.
- By means of the red line in the display, the range is indicated at which one is outside the reasonable time or power range for the selected metal and welding situation.
- Informative help windows support intuitive operation.
- By pressing a button of the display for approx. 2 seconds, a help window is shown in which the underlying function of the buttons is explained.
- With another short touch on the help window, the display jumps back to the operating menu.
- Selection of welding parameters by means of a single control dial
- Power and welding time can be adjusted “blindly” to individual needs.
- Concentration remains focused on the workpiece.
Quality for your demand: We place importance on the highest production and safety standards and guarantee the reliability of our products.
Quality "Made in Germany": PUK welding equipment is developed and produced in Germany.
Quality from conviction: We grant a 3-year warranty for the PUK welding units!
Safety first: Our welding eye protection systems are DIN CERTCO-tested and approved.
State-of-the-art technology: Our long-standing cooperation with the University of Applied Sciences WÜ-SW inspires innovation.
Standard-compliant: Every PUK welding system is manufactured according to the valid EN standards and is CE-compliant.
- Optimized settings menu
- Simplified menu navigation with only one rotary control
- (De)activation of the expert menu with 16 different welding curves
- (De)activation of the program memory for 20 own programs
- (De)activation of the retention sweat function
- (De)activation of the fuser welding function
- (De)activating the micromenu
- Selection of basic functions such as lighting, welding timing, signal tone or voice selection
- Opening the gas valve to set the correct gas flow rate
What's new with the PUK D5
The patent pending system for welding process monitoring:
- New software for contact monitoring of the handpiece
- Avoidance of welding faults by interrupting the welding process when too much pressure is applied to the electrode
- Increase the life of the electrode tip
- Avoidance of tungsten inclusions on sensitive surfaces or on workpieces and materials that still require further processing
- Improvement of the overall welding quality due to more uniform work
- Error prevention in handling: Increased process reliability and more consistent quality for larger quantitiesLearning function: Faster and easier learning of correct welding – especially for beginners
- Faster to better results – “blind operation” through one-hand operation: The concentration remains on the workpiece!
- Even more powerful LED illumination in our new premium welding microscopes. More uniform illumination of the working area – more flexible use of the microscope: These microscopes can also be used as full-fledged working microscopes – not only for welding!
- Setting of the “Power”, “Time” parameters and menu navigation with only one control dial
- Individual device setup via the settings menu, such as preselection of the welding cycle, showing and hiding of operating levels such as program memory, expert level, retention welding function and fixation welding.
- Extremely simple touchscreen operation. Now with wipe function!
- Possibility of selection of a basic welding cycle
Welding material thicknesses down to less than 0.2 mm, e.g. for wires and orthodontic bands, in an even more controlled manner extends the application range of the PUK D5.
A significantly faster welding cycle enables an even more continuous work flow. With this setting, there is the option of shaping applied material as desired or also greatly improving the welding properties of particularly heat-conductive dental alloys.
The result of the development work enabled an improvement of the welding parameters with newly defined recommended setting ranges for all common dental alloys.
- A simple, time-saving and inexpensive method to produce stable retention pins in just a few seconds.
(Ø 1.2 – 2 mm) to be welded onto existing workpieces – for repairs, extensions or new fabrications.
- In a fraction of a second, an extremely stable connection is established by means of a special adapter – without any significant heat development on the workpiece.
- No rewelding or reworking of the weld or its surroundings is necessary. This allows model casting repairs or extensions to be completed much faster than with conventional techniques.
For difficult workpiece constructions, the use of the foot switch can be an aid to safe working.
- By pressing the foot switch for 3 seconds, it is activated. This deactivates the automatic function of the PUK.
- The blue symbol at the top right of the display indicates activated foot switch operation.
- Welding is now triggered by pressing the foot switch.
A very simple and efficient method of fixing workpieces for subsequent welding or soldering. E.g. for a fixation weld of a separated bridge on the working model or to fix wire and construction elements.
- With this process, two metal parts are joined together at their point of contact by means of resistance welding .
- The parts can thus be “tacked” together for final joining by means of PUK welding, or to fix them for a soldering process.
- The fixation welding function is particularly suitable for processing metals with low electrical conductivity, e.g. stainless steel or titanium.
Sensible design for durability and continuous operation:
- Passively cooled: The PUK does not need a fan or vents.
- Dust-tight housing: The PUK features a closed, tight housing. This means that no metal, grinding or polishing dust generated in the laboratory enters the unit. Damage or equipment failures due to otherwise unavoidable deposits are avoided.
The PUK scope of delivery
The PUK welding system is delivered with the following accessories and includes all necessary documentation
- 3 different contact clamps, pin welding adapter set (Ø 1.2, 1.3, 1.5 and 2 mm), foot switch, gas hose, cleaning brush and power cord
Here you can download additional information about our welding equipment